Cuisine NZ Champions of Cheese Awards 2013
Curds & Whey is the sole sponsor of the Home Crafted Cheese Award and the Home Crafted Cheesemaker categories at the annual Cuisine NZ Champions of Cheese Awards
So a message to all home cheesemakers - this is your opportunity to show how good you are at cheesemaking and how professional your cheese
Cheeses eligible for entry:
Cheeses eligible for this category are those not made for retail distribution. Volume not to exceed 100kg within any 12 month time period.
These are the categories that you can enter:
- Fresh Cheese eg. Feta, or Halloumi, Mozzarella(type) etc. This can also include soft cheeses like cottage cheese, quark or ricotta.
- Soft Ripened Cheese eg. Camembert, Brie, Coulommier types with Penicillium culture
- Semi-Soft Cheese eg. Gouda, Havatti etc Under 45 days
- Firm Cheese eg. Cheddar, Gouda, or any hard pressed cheese Over 30 days
- Flavour Added Cheese eg. Either cheeses from class 3 and 4 but with flavouring eg. Cummin, Carraway, or Pepper etc.
will be the 10th year for the NZ Champions of Cheese Awards which will be back in late February 2013.
Key Dates for 2013
Judging Sunday 24 February 2013.
Judging is by invitation only and held under controlled conditions
Gala Dinner - The Langholm Hotel Auckland Tuesday 26 February 2013
Cheese Fest - The Langholm Hotel Auckland Wednesday 27 February 2013
For further information on the Cuisine NZ Champions of Cheese Awards 2013 please visit the NZ Specialist Cheesemakers Association (NZSCA) website - www.nzsca.org.nz
Access packs available at www.cheeselovers.co.nz
You can also contact Ms Dianne Kenderdine for further details on E firstname.lastname@example.org
We want your cheese!